English Learners Advisory Committee
At Mark Twain Elementary, we understand the importance of family involvement in education. You are your child’s first and most influential teacher, and we are excited about the opportunity to partner with you in your child’s education.
English Learner Advisory Committee
A school-level committee comprised of parents, staff, and community members designated to advise school officials on English learner programs and services.
The ELAC shall be responsible for the following tasks:
- Advising the principal and staff in the development of a site plan for English learners and submitting the plan to the school site council for consideration of inclusion in the school plan for student achievement.
- Assisting in the development of the school-wide needs assessment.
- Ways to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
- Each ELAC shall have the opportunity to elect at least one member to the district English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC). Districts with 31 or more ELACs may use a system of proportional or regional representation.
Voting Committee Members/Miembros del comité de votación
- JJ Albert - Principal
- Karina Contreras - EL Parent/Chairperson
- Marisela Aguilar - EL Parent/DELAC Rep
Non-Voting Committee Members
- Silvia Gonzalez - School Site Community Contact (Translator)
- Tammie Hutton - Title I Resource Teacher/Secretary
Mark Twain Elementary ELAC Meeting Dates for 2021-2022
Please mark your calendars with the following dates: These are the scheduled meeting dates for ELAC.
- Thursday, September 9, 2021, at 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 13, 2021, at 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday, December 9, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 13, 2022, at 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 10, 2022, at 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 10, 2022, at 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 14, 2022, at 2:00 p.m.
Por favor marque su calendario con las siguientes fechas: Estas son las fechas de las reuniones para ELAC.
- Jueves 17 de septiembre de 2020, @ 2:00 p.m.
- Jueves 13 de octubre de 2021, @ 10:00 a.m.
- Jueves 9 de diciembre de 2021 @ 2:00 p.m.
- Jueves 13 de enero de 2022, @ 2:00 p.m.
- Jueves 10 de febrero de 2022, @ 2:00 p.m.
- Jueves 8 de marzo de 2022, @ 2:00 p.m.
- Jueves 14 de abril de 2022, @ 2:00 p.m.
Voting Committee Members/ Miembros del comité de votación:
- JJ Albert-Principal
- Karina Contreras -EL Parent/Chairperson
- Marisela Aguilar-EL Parent/DELAC Rep.
Non-Voting Committee Members/ Miembros del Comité sin voto:
- Silvia Gonzalez- School Site Community Contact (Translator)
- Tammie Hutton-Title 1 Resource Teacher/Secretary
DELAC Meetings-CUSD District Office
10:00 a.m. to Noon
For more information, please read the ELAC calendar of meeting in its entirety.